The HOPES program is intended to address child abuse and neglect prevention of young children by focusing on community collaboration, tailored to each community, in eight targeted high risk counties by increasing protective factors of families served. Services offered through project HOPES will be evidence-based or promising practice, parent education and support, home visiting services, and wrap-around services for families, with children 0-5 years of age, who are considered at-risk for child abuse and neglect.
The purpose of the request for proposals (RFP) was to solicit proposals from qualified organizations in Travis, Gregg, El Paso, Hidalgo, Webb, Potter, Ector, and Cameron Counties, that can provide community collaborations, evidence-based or promising practice, parent education programs, and home visiting services that are proven to be effective in increasing protective factors in families who are considered at-risk for child abuse and neglect.
Please be assured that we will update you with more detail regarding the proposed services after contracts have been negotiated and executed.
The tentative awardees are:
Tentative Awardees - Proposed Service Area/County
- Austin Children's Shelter - Travis
- Buckner Children and Family Services, Inc., East Texas - Gregg
- El Paso Center for Children - El Paso
- Easter Seals Rio Grande Valley - Hidalgo
- Serving Children and Adults in Need, Inc. - Webb
- Family Support Services of Amarillo, Inc. - Potter
- University of Texas of the Permian Basin: First 5 Permian Basin - Ector
- BCFS Health and Human Services - Cameron
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact DFPS Government Relations at (512) 438-5127.
(Information above from http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/About_DFPS/News/2014/2014-06-20_PEI_Project_HOPES.asp)