NOTICE OF OPEN POSITION at Family Support Services of Amarillo:
Strengthening Families Program Youth Outreach Team Member
Classification: Full-time Non-Exempt
Youth Outreach team member: Youth Outreach (YO) successfully addresses the needs of at-risk youth in our service area by creating partnerships with private and public agencies, community groups and individuals, and youth themselves to fund and implement creative, supportive, cost effective programs.
These programs emphasize positive youth development and include services such as: case management, support/skills groups during/ and in addition to regular SFP sessions, youth leadership development opportunities and youth community outreach,
Prevention Specialist General Job Description: The Prevention Specialist position will provide advocacy and education services for “at risk” youth enrolled in the SFP program and on our partnering community and school sites; this position includes the task of conducting intakes & assessments, school/home visits, and referrals to appropriate services.
This position is also responsible to develop and implement appropriate Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drugs (ATOD) activities and programs for youth. This will include facilitating small skills groups, community outreach, and the implementation of a summer program.
Position requires broad collaboration and coordination with other service providers throughout Potter and Randall counties.
· Conduct comprehensive intakes and assessments for youth to be case managed.
· Provide direction for the development and monitoring of a “goals and objectives plan” in conjunction with the youth and their family.
· Provide advocacy services.
· Refer participant to appropriate community resources.
· Collaborate and coordinate with other service providers as appropriate.
· Provide follow-up monitoring on any placement or referral. Ø Maintain documentation and records as required and in a timely manner.
· The planning and implementation of age appropriate skills groups/activities/programs on a regular basis that address ATOD issues.
· Work as a team member to provide support during all SFP activities
· Other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
· Strong interpersonal skills for working with youth from diverse backgrounds (including, but not limited to, ethnic, religious, physical and mental abilities, etc.).
· Commitment to work as part of a team.
· Ability to be flexible in work schedule.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
· Experience in case management and providing direct services to youth, ages 10-21 and their families.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Current knowledge of substance abuse prevention programs.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and implement quality youth programming.
· Recognition of appropriate boundaries and the ability to implement them.
· Commitment to empower youth to make informed decisions.
· Ability and willingness to work under pressure.
· Demonstrate proficiency in fulfilling the “essential duties” (above).
· Demonstrated commitment to being a “team player” in helping Youth Outreach to fulfill its mission.
· Dependability and reliability.
· Professional appearance and behavior.
· Willingness to grow with the requirements of the position.
24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 806.374.5433 Toll Free: 1.844.363.3452 Spanish: 1.800.799-7233 TTY: 1.800.787.3224